PE & Sports Funding
What is the Primary School PE & Sport Premium?
For the past five school academic years the government has allocated extra funding to all primary schools to improve Physical Education (PE) and Sport so that they develop pupils’ healthy lifestyles. This additional funding has been made available directly to schools to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport. Schools have the freedom to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport and in turn enhance participation levels and attainment
What should it be used for?
Schools may choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sports activities with other schools
At Padnell Infant school the school Sport Premium funding will be used to enhance and broaden our PE provision, making it exciting for all children, encouraging life-long participation in sport and physical activity and have an awareness of healthy food and how it effect the body and fitness.
How much have we received for the Academic Year 2018-2019?
In 2018-2019 Padnell Infant School received £17,705 for the PE and Sport Premium.
Aims for funding
- To encourage healthy lifestyles and lifelong participation in sport and physical activity.
- To enhance the quality of teaching in PE and teachers’ confidence in teaching PE.
- Children to make greater progress in PE skills.
- Enhance children’s involvement in physical activities.
- Children able to talk about healthy lifestyle and food that food that keeps their bodies strong and healthy
Please see the "Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium" Report for more information.